Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Merchant's Fondue

FONDUE.

I had my BEST fondue at Merchant Court Hotel's Buffet dinner last Saturday. Oh man! The CHOCOLATE! For the first time in all my fondue experiences, I have finally tasted the REAL thing. The chocolate is really rich, thick, sweet at first, but with a touch of bitterness at the end. Hmmmm.....

Its not diluted and watered down like most of the those cheapo ones I've tasted. And! Its a chocolate fountain fondue. Its LITERALLY a chocolate fountain! Gasp!!!! My mouth is watering as I type!

Then you don't dip it with fruits. No no no...I have always felt fruits never go well with chocolate (besides banana. Although some, mainly women, says strawberry goes well with chocolate. But I disagree.) Marshmallow! Soft and tender, coated with a thick layer of ooozing chocolate.. and as your teeth sinks into it's tenderness, the chocolate flows across your lips. Your tongue gets swarmed with the taste of sweetness mixed with bitterness, sending chills down your spine.....

Hmmmmm HMmmmmm Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hmmhmmmm HMmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!

And their Durian paste! GASP!!!!
Its amazingly GOOD!
Slurp!!

Its just like real Durian. Blended. Its REAL Durians blended. Although, I must admit, if it was a tad bit thicker, it would have been perfect! The paste was a little to watery... Pity. PITY I didn't have enough room in my stomach to finish it ALL! Muahaha!!!

Just these two dishes alone was enough to get me to pay for dinner :)
And its not too expensive. S$29+++ but with American express we got 15% off! So I just pay 29 bucks! Whoohoo!

CHOCOLATE FONDUE!!!! DURIAN PASTE!!!!
YUMM!

And no... I dont get paid to write this.
*This is not an advertisement*

1 comment:

ryozan said...

agreed! i totally don't think chocolate goes well with any fruit but banana, especially stuff like honeydew etc... weird right?

i'd rather dip only bread, banana or black cherries... mmmm!