Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Lost from Civilization Part 2

Halo guys! sorry for the lack of presence from the internet these days. Been covered head to toe with work.

No.1
My desktop has limited memory ( RAM ) so cant run simulation and do ANYTHING else at the same time. Also, cannot log into internet for security reasons while using simulation program.

No.2My home laptop has been infected with a super sneaky and vicious and irritating virus/spyware. Its soooo well hidden, that after using 2 virus scans and 5 different types of anti-spyware software, the ROOT is still undetectable. all i can remove are its fruits. So no internet for me at home too. I just recieve icq msgs from my lab mates whom sent them to me LAST WEEK regarding work. hahah... too late...

No.3 Yesterday, my whole world crumbled and fell. Happily walking back to lab, it suddenly struck me. All the data i have using in simulation are all Engineering Properties, and are different from the True properties. Engineers usual uses Engineering properties to do calculations and all, and these calculations has certain assumptions which makes things a lot easier to do. Actually, a lot of calculations for buildings, machines and things we use and live in today using these simple assumptions which makes work a lot easier. ok, enough of the physics lessons. Simply put it, i used engineering properties in simulation while i was suppose to use TRUE properties because at high deformation of 0.8 strain. The TRUE stress experienced is a big difference from the engineering one.

to keep things even simplier. I HAVE TO REDO ALL MY SIMULATIONSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! (which was 80% done after 2 wks of running the computers overtime). Like i said, my whole world came crumbling down.

Luckily, i had 3 tons of epoxy glue with me, and after a whole night of video therapy, i managed to glue it back together. sigh.... wat to do, gotto delay my submission of first draft to April liao. Sounds so freaking familiar this story.

Thanks, guys out there who are concern about me. But i am OK! I have experienced too many downfalls to let this one take me down. Will FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT! Like the mad scientist said, MUST BE STRONG! YEAH!!!

Ok, Alpha Oscar over and out!

Seeya guys in about a month or 2 time.
*Crawls back into cave*

Paying to be Overworked
~THATS ME!!!~

Lost from Civilisation Part 1 was published in 30th Dec 2004

No comments: